Prenatal DNA testing is a method in which DNA sample from the unborn baby is studied to determine the health of the baby. Prenatal screening testing can help in determining whether the child has any genetic defect or aneuploidy. Normally Prenatal DNA tests are 100% accurate.
Prenatal screening tests are usually of 2 different types: Diagnostic test and Screening test.
Prenatal DNA testing can improve your and your child’s life in many ways:
- Through prenatal DNA tests, you can find out the gender of the child which in turn improves your emotional bondage with the child and helps you to prepare accordingly.
- You can find out whether the child has any kind of genetic disorders like Down Syndrome or any kind of inherited disease like Cystic fibrosis which can cause a threat to your child’s life.
- Based on the test result you can ask the doctor to provide you with a nutritional diet chart to keep both the child and the mother healthy.
- Testing can also determine if your body can handle giving birth or if there are any complications.
What is the method of Screening test?
Screening tests are done differently in different trimesters.
- In the first trimester ultrasound is done along with some blood tests.
- In the second trimester usually, a blood test used to do the screening.
- In the last trimester DNA sample from both mother and fetus are used to check whether there are any genetic disorders or not.
There are some risks involving prenatal testing so consult your doctor about the advantages and disadvantages of this test before getting tested to put your mind at ease.
Contact Face DNA Test experts for Prenatal DNA testing or type as “Prenatal paternity test nears me” and you will find lots of options in your city.